Long Beach Area “CROP” HUNGER WALK INFORMATION
Communities Responding to Overcome Poverty
- SUNDAY, October 23, 2016
- St. Joseph Parish – 6180 E. Willow, Long Beach 90815
- Each confirmation student must have an parent/sponsor with him/her—this is a Service Opportunity for you—so be sure to complete your service reflection sheet after you are done! We should have your permission slip on file (from your registration packet)
- When you get to the Parish Hall—Check in at St. Joseph Table by 2:00pm.
¨ Bring your donations in the yellow envelope we are giving you today (we encourage each family to get at least $20 in pledges/collections from your family/friends during the next two weeks!).
¨ Also, please bring Non-Perishable Items to support “Broken Loaf Food Pantry” at Lakewood UMC.
¨ If you have family out of this area who want to donate—have them log on to the website:
- donate on-line to our St. Joseph Team—http://hunger.cwsglobal.org/goto/stjoelb
- 75% of the proceeds go to CROP/Church World Service for International Hunger Relief & Programs. 25% of the proceeds are returned to help support these local hunger-fighting organizations: Catholic Charities, “We Care” of Los Alamitos, Centro Shalom, Lutheran Social Services, Su Casa Family Crisis & Support Center and Christian Outreach in Action (COA).Long Beach Area “CROP” Hunger Walk is sponsored by the South Coast Interfaith Council (SCIC)The walk is 3.1 / 5 Kilometers. It begins at 2:30pm.